Sunday, July 30, 2006

Day 1D and the TV Show

Well, Day 1D of the World Series starts tomorrow - its pretty bizarre starting a tournament after about half the people playing have busted. I'm excited, but on the other hand I don't really know what to expect. There are so many inexperienced players that I think its really hard to know where some people are. Don't get me wrong, its also an excellent opportunity to get a bunch of chips early without making a really strong hand... but there's also the good chance that I make a totally bad decision. We'll see.

As far as the ESPN airing of the New Orleans Event I am pretty happy overall with the way it turned out. I knew they would show the 43o hand, and I knew I wouldn't like it. It was a pretty bad line to take, and I figured I had a good chance of getting looked up, but I decided to try it anyway. I think it was good in terms of putting myself through a big bluff in that situation - despite not being successful. I think the whole problem with the hand was just never value betting a hand like that - (which by the way, would work really well against Gavin). Overall, its pretty funny they labelled me as Mr. Conservative, when in reality, I definitely played more aggressive when I knew I could. With Gavin's big chiplead there was no way I could play aggressive anyway...

Other than that, I have been playing a lot of no limit ring games on Full Tilt lately and it has been going really well overall, especially in the 10/20 game. One other really neat thing is I believe I am close to getting a backer. I think this will be a great opportunity to play the schedule that I'd like to play this fall but not have to buy in to all of the tournaments myself. Nothing is final yet, but I think it will happen. After the main event, I think I will play in the Bellagio Cup $10k, the Legends $10k in late August, and then hopefully the Borgata and EPT London in September.

Good luck to everyone still in the Main Event or those that haven't played yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment